Tuesday, May 20, 2008

9021-NO!

It's official. This 90210 spinoff thing is indeed coming to haunt your television screen. I was in denial for the longest time, but now that this preview (below) has officially been assembled, I guess it's time for me to face reality. I can't express how upset I am that a so-called "spinoff" of a show that isn't even using any of the same directors, producers, writers, characters (except maybe 1 or 2...mayyybe) as the original is going to exist. Heck, it's not even on the same CHANNEL, for crying out loud. 90210 was the greatest thing that ever happened to me. I'm not even joking. I never want ANYTHING to even come close to attempting to replace it. I don't want some ridiculous spinoff to be what the new generation is left with as what 90210 is. No! I'm sorry, but unless the name Brenda Walsh is in the script, you can count me out of this viewing! I'm sure the show is going to be exactly like Gossip Girl and OC, except instead of taking place in NY or Newport, it'll take place in Beverly Hills. There was so much more to the original 90210 than just soap-esque drama. There were powerful lessons, meaningful family moments, just so much. 90210 is the only show that has and will EVER really hold a special place in my heart. Nothing will replace it, and nothing should ever try. Check out this terrible looking preview. This is *so* not cool...

No comments:


 
THE PLATINUM PEN - Blogged