Thursday, June 5, 2008

Just One More Reason Why You Should Never Move to Santa Ana (As Though You Were Planning to or Something)



Last week, the OC Register posted it's annual rankings of all 63 schools in Orange County, and to no surprise, it appears that seven years after I peaced the hell outta high school, nothing has changed. All four schools in the Irvine Unified School District are still ranked in the top 10, and all 4 schools in the Santa Ana Unified School District placed in the bottom 10 (3 of which placed in the bottom three—ouch!). And my personal favorite, Orange High School (which was like the continuation-but-not-really of public schools in the district in which I attended high school) still ranks in the bottom 10. Again unshocking, *my* alma mater El Modena ranked #23 of the 63 schools in the county. My former hs has always fared well in these types of things--which is strange, because if *my* high school was considered one of the *better* schools, then I'd hate to know what these bottom-ranked schools are like. I didn't learn a damn thing in high school! Although we did have a fantastic Dramatic Arts department. So maybe that's what contributed to the high rankings? The bottom-ranked (worst) schools are listed in the image above, but for the entire rundown in order from best school to worst, click here

Oh well…just felt like sharing in case any of you fellow OC-ers were
curious how your ex-hs tallied up! Props to my girl Cyndi's ex-school
University High for ranking #3!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Simply wish to say your article is as surprising. The clarity in your post is just
nice and i can assume you are an expert in this subject.
Well with your permission allow me to grasp your feed to keep up to date with forthcoming
post. Thank you one million and please carry on the rewarding work.


Here is my blog; Small Business insurance policy


Blog Archive

 
THE PLATINUM PEN - Blogged