Monday, June 2, 2008

Welcome to a New Week--Happy June!

Good morning my lovely readers. I hope everyone had a good weekend. I hope nobody minded the postings I made via my Blackberry. I told you, I was computer-less, so I’ve gotta make use of my phone. Anyway, I had a good weekend. Finally got to hang out with my best friend Melissa Taylor. We are both so busy that even though we live super close, we honestly do not get a chance to have any one-on-one time together. This was a great weekend. And as usual, when you put the two of us together, you can’t keep us out of trouble. How much of a rockstar am I that I stayed out with Melissa till 2:30am this morning, and *still* managed to make it to work perfectly on time at 6am today? I suppose I should not be declaring that information loud and clear, but quite frankly, as long as I am at work, looking professional and in tip-top job performance shape, then what do I have to be ashamed of?


Anyway, just another example of how psycho and disrespectful men are (esp LA men—no offense to you good LA guys out there). Melissa and I were hanging out and we decided to stop at a restaurant (I will not give a specific name, but it’s a casual spot in the ‘Wood) in which she is friends with the owner. So we arrive and he invites us to sit with he and his friends. We’re all chillin, having a great time. Laughing, drinking, joking, yadda yadda yadda. Then, the place is closing and the owner/friend knows I have work at 6am, so he suggestsMelissa come and chill at his place for a while and that he’ll drive her home, while I go on my way and head to bed. I clearly know 110% that Melissa does *not* have any intentions of hooking up with this guy or cuddling or anything of a sort, and that she’d much rather chill with me anyway cuz that’s what the plan was in the first place. So she and I tell her friend that I’m going to come along. At first it seemed chill. We kicked it at his place for a little while, until it became quite apparent that this guy wanted me to hit the road so he could have a little bonding sesh with my girl. It got to the point where he started to be very blunt and rude, causing things to be uncomfortable at the least. Mind you, this guy and I had gotten along all night and everything was fine. But he was totally hooked on this potential idea of hooking up with Melissa when it was clearly NOT going to happen. So she feels awkward at this point because there’s so much pressure from him for her to stay and from me for her to go. Eventually, she makes the right decision and she lets me take her home, despite the awkward goodbye to her friend. You guys should have seen this crap. I’ve never experienced anything quite like this. Not to mention this guy is like twice her age or something. It was very odd and awkward. Ahhh…. Oh well. At least she and I had a wonderful weekend with laughs and stories as usual.


It’s nice to have someone (even if it’s just one person) in your life who you can tell literally *anything* to, who won’t judge you, who won’t air your dirty laundry, who genuinely cares. I think it’s hard to find a person who you can be completely open with. I feel like there is a handful of people who I can tell *a lot* of things to, but she’s the only one I can really tell everything to, and vice versa. It’s a comforting feeling.


And to those of you who are as tired as I am, I wish you all the best in making it through the day. You can do it!! :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wished to say that I
have really enjoyed surfing around your blog posts. In any case I'll be subscribing to your rss feed and I hope you write again very soon!

Also visit my webpage: autoinsurance.com


Blog Archive

 
THE PLATINUM PEN - Blogged